Sunday, April 17, 2005

Shock: I've Watched Another Movie

A friend recommended I watch An Affair to Remember. She brought the tape (ugh! Sorry, Linda!) to me this morning, and I watched it as soon as I got home (after heating up my chicken for lunch, of course).

I love this movie. Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr star in this movie that inspired Sleepless in Seattle. I'll admit a tear or two came to my eye. It's a beautiful story of romantic love. Guys, this movie would be a winner to show a date. (Guys, it's also okay to have emotions and express them!)

Could a movie like this be successful in today's society? I would gladly be proven wrong, but I don't think so. In today's society, love is only "proven" by sex as early as possible. The lack of sex, then, would seem totally unrealistic, and not pawing each other just wouldn't fly. Isn't the whole point of a relationship today how much you get off on the other person?

Anyway, I highly recommend this movie (I don't think you can go wrong with Cary Grant).

No comments: