Saturday, December 08, 2007

Shakabuku — Not Finished but Better

So, the day after I wrote my previous post, of course, I went to church. And God spoke to me.

In the sermon Sunday morning, Dr. Brooks (our pastor, natch) said roughly, "In the darkness, we have to remember the promise spoken to us in the light". The darkness is not the definition of my life (or anyone's life), and even if it's extended over a lifetime, God can still work and bring many blessings.

The second thing was during Bible study. We were talking about God calling Abram out of Ur and calling him to a land he did not know, and giving him a promise that he wouldn't necessarily see in his lifetime. But Abram had to have faith that God would fulfill His promise.

So, I need to remember the promises of God, and have faith that He will work in my life to my benefit, but more importantly, to His glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have seen the Light. If you want a little Christmas cheer you are welcome to assist me with my holiday preparations. No one should feel alone this time of year.

Call me even if you only want to talk.

Unknown said...

I suppose I wasn't completely clear in my original post. I have my own darkness I face/combat daily, and that is definitely amplified right now. But much of the darkness I feel right now is more like an immersion into what others feel during this time, almost as though God were allowing me to experience in empathy.