Friday, December 12, 2008

Existing all the things

I've had so many ideas for blog posts lately, but I haven't done anything about it. I do have a draft about Jesus, but it's not flowing together completely, so I still need to work on it.

Anyway, I get several different emails daily from Google Alerts. (Aside: this is a great service, kind of like an automated Google search delivered right to your inbox every day; you should really check it out. note: this is not a paid advertisement.) Through some of the alerts over time, I've discovered some kind of movie-review 'bot (robot) that's kind of "engrish", except more like "ind-rish".

One particular alert item that came across today was for one of my 50 favorite movies, Charade, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. This is the Hitchcock film that Hitchcock didn't make but wishes he could have. [Editor's Note: While this is one of my favorite movies, it could be a gross inaccuracy to state it is one of my 50 favorite movies. I have not counted, nor have I ranked, movies beyond say my top five.]

This is the quote that showed up in my inbox (when I went to get the quote, I discovered it's for a movie, Wait Until Dark, starring Audrey Hepburn (as a blind woman) and Alan Arkin. Very suspenseful. On with the quote:

Wait Until Dark was grateful! You have to detect this movie! A egregious performance by Audrey Hepburn & Alan Arkin make Wait Until Dark a “have to twig” movie! The eye-opening cast includes Audrey Hepburn, Alan Arkin, Richard Crenna,

Doesn't this seem like some kind of Mad-Libs type thing, where someone picked out some adjectives which were selected at random?

1 comment:

claymonster said...

There have actually been very few movies I know of that rise to the "must twig" level. I hope this reviewer is worth his/her salt.