Saturday, December 20, 2014

Look, much alive

So long since I've been here. Never forgotten, but never motivated to write anything worthwhile, or worth reading.

I like movies. I've mentioned this once or twice. For the year of 2014, I really didn't go see that many movies in the theater. I saw Muppets: Most Wanted, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and The Grand Budapest Hotel. There were lots more movies I wanted to see.

This morning, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. Which is when I normally wake up during the week, so don't go feeling too sorry for me. But I did go to bed at 3:30. P.M., that is. Stupid sinus attacks.

Anyway, I popped in Whisper of the Heart, a Studio Ghibli film. This is usually a good sign. It was less so for this movie. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't grab me. 6/10 Stars so Bright.

Then I watched The Maiden Heist, a movie about museum security guards who decide to steal their favorite art pieces. That description is normally more than enough to entice me, which it did. But for some reason, it just did not hold my interest. Sad, considering it had Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken (closet), and William H. Macy. 6/10 Aways in a Maiden

Then, I watched The April Fools, starring Jack Lemmon and Catherine Deneuve. They fall in love and leave (or attempt to leave) their respective spouses. That's the whole story. Didn't really like it. 6/10 Bah humbugs.

I'm now watching Justice League: War. So far, I'm pretty sure this will be much higher than 6/10 somethings.

No comments: