Monday, September 13, 2004

Update

I know I've not posted much of anything lately, but there's been too much to post and not enough to inspire me to write it down. Revelations from God about who I am and what I do or don't do, it's all kind of hard for me to process at this time. I feel like an emotional wrecking ball, or maybe the building the wrecking ball smashed into. I'm not sure which.

I still don't know what's coming exactly, future-wise. I did pick up a book at Sam's Sunday a week ago entitled, Good to Great, that studies how some companies have managed to go from being just good companies to maintaining success for a sustained time (15 years). They started out explaining the role of the leader in these successes. What they found was that the "big" personalities were negatively correlated to running a successful company for a sustained period. Some of the common characteristics of the "great" leaders include quietness, unassuming, almost background type of people. (I'm very tired and can't come up with the other traits off the top of my head.) Suffice it to say that these things describe my personality pretty well, and that gives me hope that I wouldn't be a total loss at running my own company. Not that these make me a great leader inherently, but that does answer a big question for me, that my basic personality is not necessarily an obstacle to overcome.

And let me just say that I still hate sinus attacks. I guess a doctor visit is coming up for some nice antihistamines and antibiotics if this doesn't go away in the next day or so. :::sigh:::

No comments: