Sunday, February 20, 2005

I'm back

So, after my grandmother died, we didn't know how my mother would make it to Virginia for the funeral. Well, thanks to the pryaers of many friends, God worked it out that not only could my parents go, but I could go as well. We're all very thankful.

The funeral was nice, if such things could be nice. But really, it was about hope in Christ rather than concentrating on her death. As Christians, we do have sadness and grief at the passing of loved ones, but we also have the grace of God, His love and compassion, and His strength to carry us through. I seriously don't know how non-Christians get through times like these.

And I don't mean that in an elitist way. But, through Christ, we have hope in a future beyond our death. And this isn't just a mere wishing, but a confidence of things unseen. If you don't know Christ, what hope do you have? I mean, really, what hope is there? The "Universe"? Ourselves? Fate? What do these really do for us except allow us to fool ourselves into some sense of being "in control of our destiny"? And where does that get us?

No comments: