Tuesday, February 08, 2005

More Randomness

Did you think I forgot about you? Well, last week, I enjoyed watching so much tv and movies in my living room that I did forget about it. Oh, I knew it was sitting right here waiting for me, but I hardly even turned on my computer last week.

  • SpongeBob is NOT GAY. First, it's a CARTOON. For kids. Second, he's a SPONGE. His friend, Patrick, is a STARFISH. They're not even the same species, so how can they be gay? Mr. Dobson, you're a very intelligent man, and I generally support most of the things you do, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Please, be quiet before you give Christians more of a bad name by demonstrating total cultural ignorance.
  • The Insider is a fantastic movie. I hated having to spread out watching it over two nights. Russell Crowe did an outstanding job here. Al Pacino was... Al Pacino. What more can one say about him? Yes, there's not a lot of action (none, perhaps?), and it's all thinking, but what's wrong with that?
  • God has really been showing me a lot lately. I hate putting this in such a short post (of course, we'll wait to see how short it is until after I'm finished writing it!), but if I share anything at all, it will be better than nothing. I've been teaching I John the past few weeks, and from that, I've come to realize that I don't need to be so down on myself. A revelation one morning after a particularly bad couple of days was that it's not so much my in/action but Jesus' actions. He has truly set me free. I'm not fully comprehending this, but I know I'm much better off now. There's a whole bit about sanctification in there. Many things are starting to gel together for me about the Bible (which I've always believed, even if I didn't understand how it applied to me or what it meant exactly) and my place with God. The things I've learned while teaching are not specifically the things I recall being taught. Anyway, suffice it to say that I'm coming to a better place in spite of myself and because of Him. I can't reconcile my in/action, but that's not my job (it's His). All I can do is what I know to be true and right and honorable, and trust that He knows my heart and intentions (believe it or not, we can lie to ourselves).

No comments: