Friday, May 11, 2007

28 Weeks Later

I just read the New York Times review of 28 Weeks Later. Amazingly, Mr. A. O. Scott seems to like the film, which, in my scatter shot reading of his reviews, largely seem to be negative. Who pays attention to critics?

I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I learned of its existence a couple of months ago. I'm not particularly a fan of zombie movies, though I did like Night of the Living Dead and 28 Days Later . This latter movie (now series?) had such an interesting look to it, and I had heard so many good things about it, I finally bought it sight unseen. (Unlike with comedies, viewing the trailer does not tell you the entire movie.) I was very impressed once I did watch it (though I was a tad unnerved when I began watching it late at night, so much so that I waited until the morning to finish it — should I admit this?).

I had a point when I began this post, but lack of sleep last night (in bed at 5:30 am) and this late time (though earlier) is clouding my ... fingers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw Hot Fuzz last night... Amazing. Well, it was a slight bit over-the-top, but who didn't expect that? It's hilarious.

I'd admit I usually don't watch the horror/zombie previews when they're on the net because I just don't care for those types of movies. But 28 Days Later did look interesting. We saw the preview for 28 Weeks Later last night, and the guy who had seen the first movie thought the new one looked way too Hollywood. Who knows....