Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Chocolate Skittles

Note: This should have been published 3/28, but when I tried to publish via email, it came back as undeliverable, and I just didn't get around to it until today.

I went to Wal-Mart last night (and didn't buy a DVD!). At the checkout, I impulsively picked up a bag of the new chocolate Skittles. Someone (CR) had said they were horrible. I won't go that far, but I don't think I'll choose to eat them again. They left a bad chemical aftertaste in my mouth. When chocolate is apparently your first and favorite food group, something like this does not aid in spreading the joy of chocolate.

Your mileage may vary. Splenda tastes poisonous to me (except in very rare circumstances), while others (e.g., DA) love it. Fifty cents at Wal-Mart, it's not a big investment to buy a bag for yourself and make up your own mind. I'm not gonna do it for you.

1 comment:

claymonster said...

just the idea of a chocolate Skittle grosses me out.
If the fruit-flavored Skittles are marketed as a rainbow, and rainbows have been co-opted (or is that 'hijacked') by purveyors of a certain lifestyle, then brown Skittles just conjure up a rather unpleasant visual.
A marketing challenge, to be sure.