Thursday, April 03, 2008

Some DVD posting babble

Recently, I wrote about Emergency!. I had gotten the first three seasons on DVD. I went to Sam's tonight to get Season 4 to complete the collection of what's been released so far. Sadly, it was not to be found. I'm not sure what will happen now. My life, nay, my collection, is incomplete!

Okay, Deep Discount DVD recently had The Flash TV series from the late 80's on sale, so I ordered it. I received it Tuesday, and I look forward to watching it. I know it's not the greatest, but it's The Flash. I must love it.

Very exciting news, Freakazoid! is finally coming out on DVD. The news was released on the web site, TV Shows on DVD on April 1, so I was a little leery. They have a link to a trailer on the WB website showing Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid! both being released on July 29. I would feel less inclined to believe this a hoax were it available at Amazon.com for pre-order.

Then there are upcoming releases for Teen Titans Go! and The Batman, both Season 5 (and also the end of each series, I believe, though I think The Batman might be revamping into a new Justice League cartoon, which I'm pretty sure won't suck).

Also exciting DVD news to this super-hero geek, Birds of Prey looks like it might actually be getting a shiny spinny release as well. This was a short-lived series from 2002 on The WB about three crime-fighting heroines, loosely based upon a comic of the same name (which itself is pretty kick-you-know-where). Sadly, The WB canceled the show after about six episodes aired (okay, imdb.com says all thirteen episodes aired, but I only saw about six, and I was looking for it all the time and couldn't find it!). I think right when the writers and actors were getting into the groove, the axe came down. Another victim in the only-instant-success-matters-because-the-audience-is-too-stupid-build-up-a-show mentality of network TV. :::sigh:::

I also recently ordered and received Newhart Season 1 and Barney Miller Season 2. I have yet to get Equalizer, even though I've been stoked about it from the first word I heard. It must be expense that has kept me from ordering it (nigh on to $35!). I think I'll wait a few more weeks and order it from Deep Discount's semi-annual 20%-off sale.

No comments: