Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks, Nov 18 (for Nov 17)

This is beginning to be a trend, posting every other day... Not intentional, and as I was driving home last night, I was thinking of what I wanted to put in this post, but then I was tired and blinked, and it was out of mind.

It being Wednesday, the day comic books are delivered every week except when there is a holiday at the beginning of the week or UPS messes up the delivery, it dawned on me how much I love my comic books. If you think comic books are just for kids, you clearly haven't seen any lately. Sequential Art is a really good term to describe what's out in large part right now. I get hours of viewing pleasure (more because I read too much) with my comics, and I wouldn't trade 'em for much of anything.

But what I'm thankful for are the creators of the comic books using their God-given talents to tell stories that thrill, entertain, and make one think (sometimes). Writers, pencillers, inkers (or tracers, if you're familiar with Chasing Amy. heh), colorists, letterers, and the indirectly-involved people such as editors, publishers, printers, delivery people, comic shop employees, etc. It might be a simple comic book, but there's a lot going on to get that simple comic book.

No comments: