Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks, Nov 16 (for Nov 15)

Sorry, Mondays are packed for me, and I didn't get to this. Excuses, excuses...

Today (and most every day), I am thankful for music, in particular thinking about Arcade Fire (because they were on SNL last Saturday and were great). Their music pierces my very soul and speaks to it at a level beyond consciousness. I know, that's all kinds of New Agey gobbledy-gook, but not really.

Music has a way of reaching in to things we're not necessarily aware of and bringing said things to the forefront. I understand a concept of "God is a DJ". Sometimes (especially with trance music), I get a vision of heaven, where we're all dancing together in celebration of the holiness of God and the life we have through His Son, Jesus.

Also, God hates country music. Fact.

No comments: