Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A Foul Day

Well, after being sick yesterday, I went back to work today. I don't know why, but I wound up in a really foul mood by the end of the day. I get home, and my cat decides to "mark" a bag of my stuff. I was not happy. At all. I didn't eat dinner, and I'm hungry but don't feel like eating. Food is currently just something I have to consume, no enjoyment or satisfaction goes along with it.

I dread Friday. One of my neighbors wants to take me to dinner to celebrate, and I just want the day to be over with. At least the next two years, my natal day will be on the weekend. I think my birthday means more to her than to me.

On other fronts (can't dwell in the muck too long -- who wants to read that all the time!), I highly recommend Invader Zim. I hadn't seen it on TV but picked up the DVD when it was released a couple of weeks ago. I laugh out loud with this one. If you're not into sick and twisted at all, pass Invader Zim by. But if you like things off kilter, check this out.

The most recent movie I watched is Switchback, with Dennis Quaid, Danny Glover, and Jared Leto. It's a fair little movie with Quaid as an FBI agent tracking down a serial killer, only with a slight complication on top of that. There are a few suspenseful moments, and a few "Yeah, right" movements. The ending turned out to be pretty anticlimactic. There was enough mystery, though, to maintain my interest. I did come up with an interesting thought about the nature of morality and our adherence or lack of adherence to a moral code. But I'll talk about that another time. Consider yourself whetted.

No comments: