Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Welcome Home!

I've been away at the parents house in MS (that's Mississippi, not
Missouri). It was a fun time and a much needed rest. I drove back today,
and I'm pretty tired and wiped out. Clark (the cat) enjoyed the trip, or
at least he appeared to enjoy it. He just goes to sleep on my lap and
lets me pet him the whole way.

A new year is coming up. I'm not sure what's in store (who is?), but I'm
really hoping 2005 is a better year than 2004. At least I'll stop being
40 in May of next year, so maybe I can get out of this horrible
useless/worthless funk I've been in. I want to lose weight (I really
need to lose weight). I want to get out of debt, but barring winning the
lottery, even a nice-paying job will not allow me to get out of debt in
2005 (I'm only looking at what could be realistic for me to get, not a
$150K/yr job--that would rock!). Don't start down that rocky road of
debt: it's the gift that keeps on taking.

Anyway, I'll have to figure out what I want to do. I don't set New Years
Resolutions, but I probably should set some goals, said setting of goals
coincidentally occurring at the beginning of the year.

That's all I feel like writing at the moment. Enjoy yourselves, and
maybe, just maybe, I'll be a little more prolific in blogging.

No comments: