Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Random Bits

Academy Awards

John Stewart was okay; wouldn't have been upset if Brokeback Mountain won, but I'm glad Crash beat it. [Editor's note: author has seen only three of the movies nominated in any category: Corpse Bride, King Kong, and Chroni-what-cles of Narnia.] On the other hand, I'm glad Ang Lee won Best Director.


Upcoming Movies

The Libertine looks kind of interesting. It has Johnny Depp, after all. But I'm not sure about the whole story.


Ice Age 2: The Meltdown looks very funny, much like its predecessor. It took me a while to warm up (no pun intended) to the first one, but eventually I did. Maybe that's why the second one is melting.


V for Vendetta looks just subversive enough to be kind of cool. I can't figure out how to write my full thoughts on movies like this. Suffice it to say that I kind of agree, but then I don't. Regardless, the movie should be fun.



  • Night Watch [Russian film; dark — what's not to like?]
  • Inside Man [Clive Owen, Denzel Washington, and the bank that separates them]

Movies that might be cute, but not really worthwhile


I think their trailers speak for themselves as to their inherent badness.

  • She's the Man*
  • Basic Instinct 2 [actually haven't seen a trailer, but why do we need this?]
  • Aquamarine* [okay, it started this past weekend, but it still looks bad]
  • The Shaggy Dog*
  • Failure to Launch*

*I'll probably see them anyway once out on DVD; isn't that lame? But I'm certainly not going to spend $6.50+ to go see any of them.

Music


Love the CDs I've listened to so far, especially The Afters album. Wow!

Vegas


As in Las Vegas. I leave Thursday morning (3/9) for work to go do training for our software. Finally, I'll get to see The Blue Man Group (or at least I'm hoping to).



I'm sure there's more, but I've forgotten anything else I wanted to write. And besides, my inkwell is running dry, it seems.

No comments: