Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fullness

So, the wasp sting is dissipating. My lower arm still has a little bit of swelling, but the sting site is much less red, the skin in the area is pliable now, and the itching has decreased greatly.

I've listened to the first disc of my Wes King tribute CD, Life is Precious. Some of the songs I'm not that familiar with (even though I'm pretty sure I have all of Wes King's CDs. okay, a personal copy of each CD he has released; I haven't confiscated his personal CD collection), but these interpretations seem okay as songs go. I will say that overall, while I appreciate what these artists have done both song-wise and for the project (donating their time so all income from the project can be used to cover Wes's medical bills in combatting cancer), I still prefer Mr. King's original versions of the songs.

Friday night, I went to dinner with some friends, James and Richel and their precious daughter Chloe. Hadn't seen them in a while, and it was good to catch up with them.

Saturday, I went to Target to get a gift for a wedding shower I was going to that night. I looked at the men's clothes because I do like to shop even if I can't necessarily afford to buy anything. Wow, Target has up-scaled the men's section quite a bit. Unfortunately, they now are less likely to carry anything that will fit me than before, but that's more my problem than theirs. I guess t-shirts and all are okay, and they had some great colors. I did wind up buying some Superman lounge shorts (like lounge pants, but shorts), but there's a whole lot more I could have gotten were I to become unfettered.

After Target, Clay, Stephanie, and I went to the Bayou City Art Festival in Memorial Park. I was suitably impressed with the talent on display (as well as wondering why I couldn't do just as well on a couple of them). I did buy a picture entitle "Self Portrait": a cartoony beagley-looking dog is looking in a full-length mirror and painting a picture of a German Shepherd. I got such a kick out of it.

The shower was nice, though I was extremely tired (I woke up at 4:30 am and did/could not go back to sleep.

Went to church this morning, or BIble study anyway (I woke up at 10:15). Then to Jason's Deli for lunch. Clay and I went to see Inside Man, which we both thought was quite good.

All in all, a full weekend.

No comments: