Sunday, August 12, 2007

Michael W. Smith - Stand

I recently purchased the latest album, Stand, by Michael W. Smith. After listening a couple of times through, I have reached my verdict. Other than the first three songs, this release is a real disappointment for me. I am greatly saddened in writing this, as I have been a fan of his since his Project album.

The first three songs were kind of catchy, leading me to have higher hopes for the rest of the album. It quickly sank into a mishmash of lack of direction, simple songs, and lack of any cohesion.

I'm not sad that I didn't like the album. I'm sad that it wasn't better.

My thoughts on the impending TV season will be coming soon. Does anyone have any chocolate?

1 comment:

ultradust@gmail.com said...

Hi! I made a new Michael W. Smith blog (haha) and I intend to make it the most up to date blog about the band. Come and visit.
Leave a comment so I can link to you.

Thanks!
Anna.