Saturday, September 29, 2007

Random Thoughts

So much of the time, I don't write here because I think of great things to write about but never at a time that I can write about them. It seems like a laptop and a trip on the bus could solve some of that since driving to/from work are the usual times I come up with ideas. I tried keeping a tape recorder around, but it scared the thoughts right out of my mind.

Hey, James Blunt just climbed on top of the piano during his performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live". That suddenly made a somewhat uninteresting song ("1973"?) more palatable. [And, hey, I don't dislike the James, but this song on first listen doesn't do much for me, even live.]

I've thought of many story ideas and conversation snippets; I'm sorry I've forgotten the vast majority of them. Though none of them are as interesting as the idea I read in a Swamp Thing comic (or maybe Sandman) about trees that lure people into their thick to torture them (or something — it's been a few years since I read that particularly story.)

And now, I've forgotten about everything else I was going to write here, even if just a sentence or two.

Meow. Mrow. What's that, Clark? mmrowww laptop? Oh, laptop!

Every November, there is an endeavor undertaken by an increasing number of people. The endeavor is National Novel Writing Month. I'd like to write a novel one day, but motivation escapes me. Oh yeah, an idea, too. Well, I still have lots of ideas that I do remember, but making a whole novel out of some/most of them doesn't seem to plausible at this point. I really think I'd like to have a laptop, too; I could take the bus to work and write for about 30-45 minutes a day, and I could go anywhere and write.

How lame and lascivious: On the next "Inside Edition", are cheerleaders purposefully used to distract the opposing team's players?

No comments: