Tuesday, November 20, 2007

On with the Thanks

a tiny bit of catch-up


19) I'm thankful for creativity. Movies, art, television shows (! — at least now), books, programming, commercials, music, graphic design, architecture, etc. Yes, there are hacks out there, but there are lots of people using their God-given talents to the best of their ability, and I appreciate all of these things. It's such a reflection of God in the world; you only need to look at nature to see His handiwork, and then see what people do (not that we've designed and created a world or anything). Like the proud parent who takes joy when a child demonstrates some new talent or skill he or she has been working on, so too must God take joy at our creativity.

20) My Trailblazer. When my car died back in February, I was kind of stuck for getting a new vehicle. The Buick Regal replacement, the LaCrosse, was a no-go due to short seats, and everything I looked at just wasn't right. When the salesman suggested maybe a truck of some kind, I wasn't sure. And because of my bum knee, I have to be extremely careful with it. Fortunately, I grew fairly accustomed to the truck/suv, and I really like it now. I miss my Buick (ultimate comfort and luxury without being over the top), and I wish my Trailblazer had some things (moon roof, cassette player, thermometer), I am so grateful to have a good and comfortable-enough vehicle.

No comments: