Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Safe

I like movies. I like watching them, discussing them, and, apparently collecting them on DVD. For blogging purposes, movies are the safest thing for me to talk about. If I were motivated to write more, you would read a lot more about movies. I'd go through my list of owned (and watched) movies, telling you why it appeals to me.

(Some of these choices would fall far from the norm of "acceptable" or "good" movies. EG, Sid & Nancy is about the ultimate death by OD of Sid Vicious, the bassist (according to IMDb) from The S*x Pistols. Apart from the effect it had on me, it's an okay movie, not spectacular, and it is not an "enjoyable" movie. But while watching it, God revealed to me how much it hurts Him to see someone throw their life away, wasting their talents. That thought profoundly moved me. I'm sure I've discussed this before, though probably not in much greater depth. One day...)

But movies are safe because I actually tend to remember them sometimes. I do have lots of thoughts about other topics, but by the time I get some place where I can write, I've completely forgotten what I wanted to say. That's probably a plus for the three or four of you readers (I've got mad estimation skills). Movies are safe for me to speak on because they're the basis of my most cohesive thoughts (with "most" being a relative term).

No comments: