Sunday, June 04, 2006

Events

So, my boss gave me my old computer from work to bring home and use. Cool beans. Which lead to me getting DSL, and that became active last Tuesday. I love it.

Alas, my DVD tracking software is on my old computer; all my pictures are on my old computer. And all my software is on my old computer. Fortunately as regards the pictures and DVD database, that's on a secondary disc I can take out of the old computer and put in the new one.

Upgrades I really need for the new computer:
  • another 256Mb RAM (to double it)
  • My other hard drive
  • A DVD burner, or at least a reader with CD burner (but I might as well go for it all, right?)
  • better video card, maybe dual-head (currently, my 19" CRT monitor is going to waste at 1280x1024 rather than 1600x1200, at least for full color)
  • Get my printer working
  • find my WordPerfect CD to install it
  • get my Paint Shop Pro 9.0 software installed



This would have just been a dream, but I got a tremendous raise effective 6/1. Most of that money will go towards debt, but I can at least consider these things now and make small purchases along the way.

No comments: