Saturday, June 24, 2006

So Much to Say...

... and yet I don't know where to start....

Isn't that always the way? It's like that with regular writing, too. I shouldn't say "regular" because I don't write regularly. [In that vein, I'm also an artist, a politician, an architect, a conductor (any flavor), a lion tamer, etc. Truly, I am a Renaissance Man.] There are so many ideas running through my head that I consider it a major feat if I even write down one of twenty of them down to pursue at some future time. It's amost like I have ADD or ADHD or some such. I don't really have trouble concentrating, though; it's being motivated to start that's the problem.

Superman Returns starts in four days!!! I'm so stoked. I have my movie cash so I can see it for free Wednesday night (gotta make sure it's not treated as a "pass"). I keep hearing that it's getting very positive reviews, and yet, I don't want to believe it. I so much want to like this movie, and if I go in with too high expectations, I'm bound to be disappointed. I guess hearing the positive reviews whets my appetite even more.

I watched the first disc of season one of The Flying Nun this week. It was every bit as much fun as I remember from watching it when I was a kid.

MI-5 continues the thrills and suspense on disc one of season two. When last we left our intrepid band of pseudo-heroes, Tom's girlfriend and her daughter were locked in his house with a bomb seconds away from detonating, a present from the IRA. As my friend Stephen told me of the series, don't get attached to anybody.

I got a big raise at work. I was shocked.

No comments: