Friday, July 07, 2006

Ironic?

So, on my new computer, I set up my email accounts in my Netscape Mail client (I really really REALLY don't want to use Outlook - I don't like it at all).

I got my SBCglobal account set up, my old ev1 account set up (which is going away after another week or so to make sure I redirect all of those mails), my google account, and on the old computer I had my AOL mail on the Netscape client. (Yes, the AOL account is going away soon, too.)

But I cannot get my Netscape email account set up. In January of 2004, it just suddenly stopped synchronizing, and I have NEVER been able to connect the client up to my Netscape account since then. I find this a bit ironic.

2 comments:

claymonster said...

Is it irony? Or business as usual. I find in the world of software, especially ubiquitous freeware such as browsers, email clients, and the like, there is always some frustrating, insurmountable obstacle to the thing doing whatever it is most intended to do.
But then, maybe that's just me.
But when you have 5 different people printing to the same printer, using the same drivers, and have days when you simply cannot print a .pdf file, or one person constantly has horrible results with MSWord documents (yeah, I know, exotic stuff here, why would we expect a printer to print that?), you just want to start throwing things out the window. Man, I wish we didn't work in a one-story building.

Anonymous said...

Mozilla (everbody's favorite open-source browser company) has Mozilla Thunderbird, a free open-source e-mail client.

I think it's what those people who used to use Eudora use now. Or maybe I just think that Eudora just sounds so 1990s.