Thursday, July 06, 2006

Just Shoot Me

So, I haven't written my review of Superman Returns. I really liked it. Maybe that will have to do for now.

Went to an Asian restaurant tonight, Pei Wei. It's got some Chinese, Thai, Korean, and Japanese dishes, so it's really Asian in the truest sense. Then we got sorbetto afterwards (right next door - how convenient).

Man, the death of Ken Lay is a real shocker. I figured three things about it, none of which are necessarily mutually exclusive conditions: 1) heart disease took its toll; 2) worry about prison took its toll; or 3) God took him early so that he would not have to suffer. I know many will consider that last impossible to conceive because Ken Lay is the devil incarnate. I choose not to believe that, that even if he absolutely set out to defraud his employees and investors (which I don't believe), that God's mercy for a child is still amazing. If God can't forgive someone, who can He forgive?

Found out yesterday that an acquaintance's parents were killed in a car wreck driving home yesterday (Wednesday). Head on collision that killed both instantly. Awful stuff. I was almost in tears when I was told about it. Please pray for Wendy and the rest of her family.

It seems trivial in light of these things, but I'm planning to go see Pirates of the Carribbean this Saturday. Johnny Depp rocks; always has, even before that first Pirates movie.

No comments: