Monday, July 24, 2006

No Review

Well, I won't be reviewing Superman Returns. I know you're heart-broken, but I'm not sure what I could add to anything I've read. I didn't like Kate Bosworth as Lois; Teri Hatcher epitomizes Lois Lane to me. I think Brandon Routh is an excellent choice for Superman, and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor really pulled off the menace that I've never gotten from anyone or even from the comics.

The only fault I can really find with the movie (as a movie) is that Mr. Singer tried too hard to remain faithful to the original two movies. There can be homage without beind tied down. Perhaps if there had been more of a spirit of the original two movies but made as standalone, it might have been more successful. Hopefully, Warner Bros. will allow there to be another one with Mr. Singer on board. He can definitely pull it off (witness the first two X-Men movies) if only he can be freed from "honoring" the past so intimately.

1 comment:

Cynnie said...

I'm really not happy with movies nowadays..too many remakes and movies based on tv shows and stageplays.
I want new and original..i want something freaking great!!