Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Things

Part of my non-year resolutions is to do more things that involve not staying at home watching movies (though I want to more of that, too, whittling down that list of unwatched DVDs I have not compiled yet).

Last Tuesday, for instance, I had planned to go see Jon McLaughlin in concert at Warehouse Live (he sang the song "So Long" from Enchanted); I have his album Ok Now, which I've listened to three times now, according to Windows Media Player; apparently I like it quite ok now. Ahem. By the end of the day, exhaustion had set in, and I just didn't feel good, so I didn't go. I regret not getting to see him perform, but I don't regret not going.

Today, I got up early, got my oil changed (at 7:01!), then to Sam's to pick up tax forms, then to Wal-Mart for my snack bars and some other stuff; home to do the taxes; a shower, and then off to the next thing I wanted to do. I was determined to do this, this thing. This thing turned out to be MP3 Experiment 1.0 with the Houston Flash Mob. We downloaded a an mp3 we weren't supposed to listen to until the event. Check out Houston Flash Mob web site for more details. The experiment was down at Discovery Green downtown. Everyone participating started the mp3 at the same time, and then we were all instructed what to do as time went on. It was a blast! I waved, danced, played freeze tag, melted, Chariots-of-Fire ran, and clapped. It was so much fun. And I went by myself and had such a blast.

I'm watching Kung Fu Panda tonight, rented from Red Box. It's been quite humorous, and a decent story, too. I'll probably add this to my collection; it's been far more enjoyable than I ever anticipated.

Updated 1/25/2009: corrected link to Houston Flash Mob website; I had reversed two letters. sorry for the confusion

1 comment:

claymonster said...

glad the flashmob thing was good, btw, the link doesn't work (url is misspelled)...