Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Decisions Decisions

I certainly empathize with Paul when he writes about being chief of
sinners, not doing what he wants to do and doing what he doesn't want to.

It seems that on a good day, I might make one good decision out of
twenty. I know I tend to be hard on myself, and it's probably a higher
percentage. But not much higher. Financially, emotionally, physically
(primarily food and exercise), these decisions all seem to just be
wrong, or I have insufficient motivation (food and exercise) to make
better decisions. [I know it'd be healthier, etc., but I don't see that
as imminently better at this point. Loneliness pervades my life, even
when I'm around people, and I don't see that changing.]

The only decisions that I have less (or is that better?) than a horrible
track record concern spiritual decisions. And that's not real good.
Usually the best decision I make here is, "God, I can't do it. Please
help me." But I don't do that nearly often enough.

More on my trip this past weekend to come. I still owe a couple of
posts, I know. I should put a list of "things to come" on the right side
so I can be reminded. :::sigh::: one day...

No comments: