Saturday, July 03, 2004

No Title

A long weekend. (and there was much rejoicing) yay.... Not that I'm sad to have a long weekend, but I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything, and most of my friends are on a choir trip to D.C., NY, and points between and around. As I was driving home from work last night, it dawned on me how alone I would be this weekend. Usually, I don't mind being by myself, but for some reason, I don't want to be alone this weekend. Yet here I am. I suppose it'll be time to catch up on my movies from Netflix. Speaking of....

I watched Sunset Boulevard last night for the first time (this was the short movie at 110 minutes -- the others are 179, 227, and 230 minutes, which should eat up some time). What an excellent movie all the way around. Story, acting, sets, lighting, costuming, all were excellent. And the story still stands viable today. It makes me want to investigate Billy Wilder more as a director, to possibly join my two favorites, Tim Burton and Ridley Scott (not to be confused with his brother, Tony Scott).

I wonder if I'll ever be an ever-was; I sure feel like a has-been right now, or, more correctly, a never-was. I don't want to be famous, and I don't think I deserve more than anyone else, but I want to have some sense of accomplishment in my life. I have an idea of something to come, but I can't see any path to it right now, if ever. It's not something I would have come up with on my own, but something I feel God calling me to. If it happens, it will definitely be all God and not me. I recently listened to a motivational speaker on PBS's quarterly membership drive programming, and she said that your life truly starts at 40. That would certainly be nice since I'm there now.

Otherwise, though, forty sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today is the day of grace. No matter where you are, now is the time to live. Don't let the past drag you down nor let the promises of the future make you lazy. Live now.

~ Jason