Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Musicmatch Jukebox versus Yahoo!

For years, I've used Musicmatch Jukebox (MMJB) for my main listening pleasure. I even paid(!) for an upgraded version to be able to rip my CDs at higher rates, burn better, etc. Yahoo! bought MMJB in 2004 in order to become a major player in the music market. And that was the beginning of the end.

To be fair, the features of MMJB were amped up. If you paid for it, that is.

Long story made short: Yahoo! has now ended the life of MMJB and thinks MMJB users should be quite happy to use Yahoo! jukebox. Everything I've read says this program is worse than even the free version of MMJB. And they're slowly killing off capabilities of MMJB (because they can't force you to delete it), abilities like doing auto-CD lookup when you insert a disc so you don't have to type in all the information. Who would find that useful?

Why kill a good thing? It does nothing to win people over. And I certainly don't want to pay for trash programming. Grrrr!!!!!

4 comments:

claymonster said...

having never used music match jukebox, I can't speak to the issues but I just wanted to chime in with a 'Yahoo sucks!'

Unknown said...

Yahoo! has had a chance to keep the decently good presence on the 'net over the last decade, but they have been very hit and miss. This sounds like another miss. If they wanted to take over the market, they need to give all the for-pay features away for free and market it as one-upping iTunes. If it's free and better than iTunes and works with my iPod, I'd try it. They could do it if they tried, I think.

Anonymous said...

MusicMatch Jukebox is a great audio manager and music player for digital music...!

Anonymous said...

check out mediamonkey gold