Sunday, August 15, 2004

AFV

You know, a host can really make a difference on a show. As badly
maligned as Bob Sagett was hosting America's Funniest Videos, it took
ABC several years and rounds of hosts before they could find someone
capable of doing a good job. I don't like Tom Bergeron as much as Bob
Sagett, but he's acceptable. Anywayz, I watched the second half of the
300th episode tonight, and I saw what I consider to be the absolutely
funniest video I can recall from this show: a kid is playing with his
pet mouse outside; the dad told him to put the mouse on top of the cage,
which the kid dutifully does. The mouse wanders around the top of the
cage looking over the edge to see if it's worth jumping. Suddenly, a
bird swoops in and carries the mouse off. Poor kid, but that was
hilarious. This is one of the funniest shows of AFV I've ever seen. I
guess being 300 episodes old, they have quite the selection. I want to
save this one for future viewing. If only I had a DVD burner....

No comments: