Wednesday, August 25, 2004

keyboards and such

I saw a hair sticking up out of my keyboard tonight. I know that sounds
extremely disgusting, but it's just a fact of life. I couldn't manage to
get hold of the frolicsome follicle, so, I thought I would see if I
could pop out the key and pull the hair. The key popped off easy enough,
but I was greeted by far more than a single hair. Blech! I'm going to
have to do some heavy duty key popping this weekend or something to
thoroughly clean my keyboard. If only I could put on a blindfold or
similar device to do the cleaning.

I watched the next two episodes of RahXephon (disc 5) this evening. (I
turned it off to watch the news and King of the Hill.) Finally, the
series answered more questions than it raised. It's been kind of
frustrating trying to figure out what's been going on in this series. Up
to now, every time it seemed to be headed off in a single direction, it
would splinter into five or six sub-plots all interwoven and mixed up,
none of which seemed to be pursued for any length of time. With that
being said, it seems odd to say that I could tell the story was
advancing (very hyperbolic in nature), and this is what kept me going.
That, and the animation is nicely done. I hope it continues to resolve
plot lines.

I got the next disc of Invader Zim. I'm so looking forward to watching
it. I promised myself that I would finish RahXephon before watching it.
But I want more Gir. And Dib. And Zim. Those are all the important ones
to me; not that I dislike the rest of the characters, but these are the
best ones, of course.

No comments: