Monday, August 02, 2004

Short Bits

  • Last Friday, I went to see The Village, M. Night Shyamalan's latest. Regardless of critics, I found the movie quite entertaining and captivating. Beautifully shot, very nice acting, compelling story, it had it all. Were there plot points that were messed up? Perhaps. How much of a stickler for detail are you? If you demand perfection, then you've really set yourself up for tremendous disappointment. Otherwise, go, have fun, be scared. But don't go into the woods. Please.
  • Saturday, out of the blue, I found out I got a raise. WOW! I was completely shocked. And I had just prayed Friday or Saturday morning on the way into work, "God, I just can't handle having no more money. I can't get out of debt, and I can't even think about doing the other things you're calling me to without any money." If you're not in debt, stay away from it at any cost. If you're in it, you can commiserate with me. It's a horrible trap.
  • Watched Teaching Mrs. Tingle tonight. Blech. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't really good, either. Individual parts were good, but combined it was less than the sum of its parts.
  • I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley last week over the course of two or three nights. What a freaky and disturbing movie. Matt Damon was excellent in this, as were Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow.
  • The third disc of "Rahxephon" came in from Netflix, and I was not horribly happy about it: it had only three episodes on the disc. Why? Disc one had five episodes, and disc two had four episodes. Will disc four have two episodes? I hope not. Anywayz, after watching my three episodes, I was terribly confused, which is not necessarily a difficult thing to do, but all the same, I was still confused. We'll see what happens with the rest of the series to see if it makes sense.

No comments: