Sunday, April 23, 2006

Frustration

I'm on dial-up. It's only $10 a month. Since Christmas, however, I've
been having horrible connection speeds and dropped calls. DSL has come
down enough that I can consider getting it now. I know I'll be happier
with high speed; it'll make everything so much easier.

But I hate two aspects of it. Generally, my ISP has been pretty darn
good. There's only one incident where I was truly not happy with their
response, but other than that, they've really worked hard at being
helpful. Their support staff are actually intelligent and try to solve
your problem without inherently treating you like an imbecile. Just for
the record, the company is Everyone's Internet. For someone to do so
much right, I hate to abandon them.

The other part is going with AT&T. I've really grown to despise them
(even as SBC, I wasn't overly fond of them). Their arrogance is exceeded
only by Micro$oft as far as I can tell and in my experience. And their
customer service is about the same, too. To sign up with them makes me
feel like I'm making a deal with the devil.

Grrr!

No comments: