Friday, July 16, 2004

Going on 40

On the way home from work tonight, Karen called and asked if I wanted to go see 13 Going on 30 at the dollar theatre. Being in love with Jennifer Garner since the first time I saw "Alias", it took me no more than a nanosecond to decide to go, though it was considerably longer before I agreed vocally. (Sorry, Jason.) It was about exactly what I expected, but I did want it to be better. The premise: magic dust grants 13-year-old Jenna her wish to be 30, flirty, and fun, but when she gets there, she's not the same person at all, at least she hasn't been.

I got to thinking (b/c I sure didn't have to think about the movie) that I wish life was like that sometimes, that you could truly get a do-over. But life isn't like that; we don't live in a fantasy world. However, if nothing else, this movie and its ilk should serve as a warning to consider your actions carefully. You do have to live with your actions, and everyone else does, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll forgive ya, Jack. ;)

~ Jason