Thursday, July 15, 2004

Interesting Verse

FYI: I haven't posted much because I've been so tired by the time I get home from work. I can get through email and that's about it.

At lunch today, all the usual lunch cronies were otherwise occupied, so I went to Whataburger (read it slowly) and read in the Bible Exodus 13:17-15:21 for teaching on Sunday. In particular, Exodus 14:14 stuck out to me: The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent. (NAS) Like so many things in the Bible, to the point and reassuring at the same time.

Well, I hope to start The Big Sleep tonight after I finish with this and essential email. I tried watching it the other night while playing a game, but after twenty minutes, all I knew was that Humphrey Bogart had been employed to do something after being hit upon by some blonde bimbo. I suppose it's a movie one must pay strict attention to.

Speaking of I, Robot, I finished reading that last night. This is the first book I've read in ages. As I thought, other than being about robots and involving Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics, the movie releasing tomorrow (as of this writing) has nothing to do with the book, at least according to the trailers I've seen. I haven't seen Ali, but everything else I've seen Will Smith, while fun, isn't all that serious.

And with that resnark, I'm off... to email (besides just the normal being off).

No comments: