Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Survival

So, I wound up surviving the Fourth weekend. On Sunday, a friend called me to go see Spider-Man 2 since his wife and kids were gone (she on the aforementioned choir trip, the kids with the wife's parents at a beach house in Freeport). Then I went back to his place, watched some Wonder Woman, then some other of his (and my) friends came over, and we watched The Italian Job (the remake, not the original). It was lots of fun. Then I wound up going to down to Freeport with my friend on Monday morning to keep my friend company since he forgot to leave something (like a car seat for the baby). Overall, it turned out not to be a totally sucky weekend.

Then, Monday night, I watched The Sand Pebbles. Excellent movie, directed by Robert Wise, the same guy that did The Sound of Music and many other movies that I've enjoyed over the years.

No comments: